These are as delicious as they are creepy! Burst cockroaches are a great Halloween treat to shock your guests – at least if they have some humor.
I used to be really into Halloween when the kids were younger. Our neighborhood was so much fun and the kids all went to “trick or treat” together. The streets were filled with creepy little creatures and there was a hayride and many houses were decorated with spiderwebs or had skeletons in the front yard. Now, most kids have grown out of it, many are at college – like our son – and it has become quiet on Halloween. Too quiet. But I still like to freak the kids out with my burst cockroaches and they never fail!
Video: Halloween Treat Burst Cockroaches
Burst Cockroaches are a Halloween treat that is quickly prepared – more time for hair and makeup, right?
Present them on a dark plate and with some “tasteful” Halloween decoration on your Halloween buffet at the Halloween party and just enjoy the reactions.
But also encourage your guests or family to try them because they taste really good. Actually, many years ago I had this in a rather tasteful way at a brunch – with no antennas attached! So, yes, this is real food and it’s delicious.
Pin Halloween Treat to Pinterest
Burst Cockroaches – Halloween Treat
- 18 Dates
- 1 pckg. Cream Cheese
- some Caramel Sirup
- some Bacon, optional
- With a knife, cut a date open and remove the stone. Repeat with all dates.
- Fill 16 of the dates with cream cheese.
- Cut the remaining two dates into very thin stripes and attach two of them to each "cockroach" as antennas.
- Optional: Fry the bacon and crumble it, sprinkle it onto the cream cheese filling.
- Pour some of the caramel sirup onto each burst cockroach.
- Serve, enjoy the reactions and enjoy eating them.