If you have a knack for nuts, this Walnut Soup is just right for you! It has a great taste and comes with all the nutritional benefits of walnuts. In small portions, it is a great starter for your holiday meal or New Year’s party.
There are so many nutrients in walnuts but their health benefits are even better. They can lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, keep cancer cells from growing, … so they are real power-houses. That’s why I always have a big bag of walnuts here to snack on.
Video: How To Make Walnut Soup
Walnut Soup is filling!
A fair warning: This soup is very filling and if you plan it as a starter (which I recommend), you should serve it in very small portions. I once had it served at a birthday party in tiny glasses with little edible spoons. It was so delicious and left enough space for the other courses.
You can make this soup two days ahead and just reheat it at the event. I wouldn’t freeze it though. For the consistency, you can decide if you want it to be rather liquid or a bit more creamy by just adding more or using less of the broth. For the broth I would recommend though to use a good quality / great taste.
That Japanese Chopping Knife
Take advantage of the great deal that Nakano offers My German Recipe fans and gift yourself or a loved one with this sharp knife that makes working in the kitchen so much better.
- Handmade in Seki, Japan. Handmade in Seki Japan, using ancient Japanese crafting techniques passed on for generations.
- Strong and durable stainless steel. The ultra strong and beautiful blade crafted by master artisans will make sure that the knives will last for multiple generations
- Extremely sharp blade. Skilled craftsman provided the blades with an impressive edge retention. The extremely sharp blade will effortlessly sail through your food
Get the exclusive 30% off with code MYGERMANRECIPES
Walnut Soup Recipe
- 600 g Walnuts without shell
- 100 g Almonds
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 bunch Parsley
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion
- 1500 ml Vegetable Broth
- 200 g Ricotta
- some Salt
- some Pepper
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon Juice optional
- Pour boiling water over the almonds, let them soak several minutes, then drain them and easily remove the skin.
- Chopp the walnuts, the Almonds, Onion, Garlic, and Parsley.
- In a large pot, heat the 1 tbsp Olive Oil and then add the 1 medium Onion and the 2 cloves Garlic.
- Throw in the 600 g Walnuts, 100 g Almonds and roast them a bit (for more taste), then add the 1500 ml Vegetable Broth and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Use a blender to blend everything. Then stir in the 1 bunch Parsley and the 200 g Ricotta.
- Season with some Salt and some Pepper and if you feel it needs a bit of a boost, also add 1-2 tbsp Lemon Juice.