I secretly call this creamy farfalle dish “Ex-Boyfriend Pasta” since it was brought to me by a (then) boyfriend. I have no idea if it has a “real” name and I never thought of asking him and in the meantime, we have lost sight of each other … though we parted as friends.
This is my go-to comfort food on weeknights or lunches, when I have little time bit lots of appetite. It is so delicious and filling and my kids and husband love it, too.
Video Creamy Farfalle Pasta
There is not very much to tell about this recipe. It is quick and straight forward, needing only one pot and a cutting board and a knife, meaning that even cleaning up after cooking is quick and easy.
For the ham, I am using sliced ham. However, if you want to use it cubed, that might be even better. You could also add some garlic if you like, to give it a little zing … you know what I mean, right?
Pin This Recipe to Pinterest
Creamy Farfalle Pasta Dish
For the Pasta (Farfalle)
- ½ to 1 package Farfalle, depending on your serving sizes
- some Salt
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots (more or less as you like it)
- 6 slices Ham or Honey Ham
- ¼ to ½ cup cream or milk
- 1-3 tbsp. Shredded Parmesan, dried not fresh
- ½ bundle parsley, chopped
- Bring the water with some salt to a boil. You might need a little more salt than ususal since the cream will cancle out a little of it.
- Add the farfalle and let cook for about 4 minutes.
- Now add the frozen peas and carrots and cook both for another 6 minutes.
- Remove most of the cooking water but leave some on the bottom.
- Add the cream or milk and the ham, then cook for another 3 minutes.
- Taste one of the farfalle if it is cooked through.
- Next, add the parmesan and mix it all well.
- Last, add the parsley and stir it in well.
- Serve while hot and enjoy!
3 thoughts on “Creamy Farfalle – Easy Pasta Dish”
Thank you so much for posting this! I fondly remember my mom making a dish like this and I’m always looking for dishes that are simple, tasty and affordable! Thanks again!
Perfect after a long day….love your channel!
Comments are closed.