For those busy weeknights, for the kids, for fun or just for “desert for dinner” … quick fix with vitamins!
You might know gnocchi as a side like potatoes or like dumplings. I see them here in the groceries everywhere and they are the same recipe as “Schupfnudeln” which I used to make by hand. Schupfnudeln are a hell of work – but very delicious! though store bought gnocchi will never taste as good as those made from scratch, I am willing to compromise and go the easy way (this time).
Usually people cook gnocchi in water but not so in my recipe. I fry them with butter and add apple pieces. That’s all. Add vanilla sauce or do it the easy way with instant vanilly pudding while only using half of the package with the full amount of milk. Ready! Oh, your kids will love you for this!
Sugar and Cinnamon are a “sweet spice” for German recipes and often uses i.e. on rice pudding or other sweet deserts. It*s simply sugar with some (not too much!) cinnamon. Please be aware that the cinnamon that we get to buy in the grocery is not the real, good cinnamon. What we get at the store can be toxic for the liver if eaten in large amounts. So don’t overdo it.
- 1 pkg gnocchi
- ½ stick Butter - or less
- ½ pkg instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 apples
- some suger mixt with a dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Slice the apples, then cut in smaller pieces.
- Let butter melt in a pan on medium heat.
- Add the uncooked gnocchi and then the apples and fry while stirring every now and then.
- Meanwhile add a half package of instant vanilla pudding to the 2 cups of milk and stir.
- When the gnocchi are light brown and the apples cooked until soft, serve on a plate.
- Add the vanilla sauce and some sugar-cinnamon mix. Enjoy!