Some days it just has to got fast with cooking … well actually that applies to most of our days. This recipe is very quick and requires just a very few ingredients. We all love it so I usually have the necessary ingredients in the fridge. Tortellini are Italian food. When Italians started to move to Germany for a better life (that was about 40 years ago) many people were
not happy about it. Today we value these immigrants very high for their culinary enrichment of the German kitchen and a lot of other reasons.
I wouldn’t want to live without pasta. It makes me happy and helped me through my first pregnancy. This recipe is even faster than any spaghetti dish and you can either enjoy the tortellini hot or cold. The “cold” option is great for a school lunch or a pack lunch for the office.
My dip recipe is pretty simple and sometimes I add herbs or other spices like paprika or tomato paste to it, too. Experiment with it!
Now enjoy this pasta recipe with almost no work at all.
Quick Tortellini Dish
- 4 tbsp. greek youghurt
- 4 tbsp. sour cream
- 1 clove of garlic
- some salt
- 1 large package tortellini, three cheese (my favorite is Bertolli)
- In a bowl mix the greek youghurt and the sour cream.
- Peel and press the garlic and add it to the bowl.
- Season with salt and mix everything, then let chill in the fridge until tortellini are ready.
- In a large pot bring water to a boil.
- Add the tortellini and let cook until they float on the surface. Try one of the tortellini to make sure they are cooked through.
- Pour the content of the pot in a strainer and shake the strainer until water is removed.
- Serve with the cold garlic-dip to dip every tortellini before eating it.
- Tip: Avoid meetings like job interviews or dentist appointments after the garlic ... ;-)