Bell Pepper Quiche is not really a traditional German recipe but since bell pepper is such a healthy vegetable (lots of vitamin C!!!) and my kids like it, this is just great for a hot summer day in Texas. It is pretty quick and doesn’t leave a big mess = more time in the pool!
If you don’t like goat cheese, you can substitute it with cream cheese. In fact, my family would prefer that but sometimes I have to have it my way, too!
1/6 of the quiche has only 430 kcal so it’s also a good choice if you haven’t reached your summer-bikini goal yet (like me!).
Bell Pepper Quiche can me made with yellow, orange or red bell peppers but I would stay away from green.
Bell Pepper Quiche
- 1 sheet puff pastry frozen
- 3 bell pepper
- 400 g goat cheese or cream cheese
- some basil (optional)
- 100 g pepperoni
- 3 eggs
- some salt, pepper
- 3 tbls honey
- some oil for the pan
- Let the puff pastry thaw at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime wash the bell peppers, remove the stem and seeds and cut them into rings.
- Cut the pepperoni into slices.
- Mix the goat cheese with the 3 eggs, stir until perfectly combined (use electric mixer).
- Add salt and pepper to the egg-mix. I also added some nut meg.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Roll the puff pastry to a size that matches your pie pan.
- Grease the pan and add the pastry, cut and remove pastry that is obove the rim.
- Mix the egg/goat cheese mix with the bell peppers and the pepperoni (I did it wrong: I added the egg mix and then put the bell pepper on top and it works, too!)
- Add everything to the pie pan and drizzle some honey on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!